Learn How to Airbrush Animals For the Beginner (Leopard)
Learn How to Airbrush Animals For the Beginner
Download the book click here >>> https://l2draw.com/products/learn-how-to-airbrush-animals-for-the-beginner
First of all thanks for getting this eBook as a guide for you in the world of airbrushing, as you want to learn to airbrush animals, basically you need to get the proper materials if you want to learn it, and this eBook is all about it, an Airbrush art is far different from other media as you see the effects you get when working with an Airbrush is infinite, it can paint the finest to a broadest details that you need in any artworks, you can see it’s influences in world “Pop Culture”- Posters/Pin ups, Commercial Illustrations, Movies industries, Clothing, Body art and Signs/Graffiti on the streets. So “How can one start Airbrushing?”, well you need an Airbrush and Air Compressor to start your Airbrush art (more details about this later), and your dedication, since you need to build your Airbrushing skills, I understand if your first spray will look like a mess, so you need a train properly and that’s how this book is all about to teach you basic skills moving to Intermediates and Advanced( it will be depend in your improvement as you build your experience when handling your Airbrush) , as even all pro started the same way, so what you have to do is to read this, and practice, it’s the key for your success. So have fun Airbrushing.
For our fourth exercise challenge is to render it with soft and hard edges, as you notice the picture sharp edges is on the center and as it moves away it’s changing to soft as the nature of a camera when you’re shooting a subject and adjusting it focus, the side will be out of focus. And we’re going to use some Masking Fluid in this exercise, so let’s start.
Transfer the image to your paper, and take note of the areas that has hard and soft edges.
Steps: 1. Mask first the whiskers with Masking fluid using a brush (use a brush only for Masking fluid, not the one you normally used), and start by painting the middle tone of our painting which is Yellow= , take note of the areas that are painted below.
2. Next is to use Yellow-Ochre= , to give a darker tone to the areas.
3. Work the background with a Burnt Sienna 60% + Black40%+ 2 tad of yellow(similar to the size of medium size brush tip)= . Also lightly spray the Iris of the eyes, nose, mouth areas, and spots with this color to see the constrast as you’re painting.
4. Then spray the back and anterior area below, with Red-Orange= first, and lightly spray with Burnt umber 95% + Payne’s gray 5% (just to darken the value of the color) = left side corner.
5. Spray Light Gray= lightly on White of the Eyes (a.), now take your Black Watercolor Pencil and work the eyes (make sure to leave white areas for the catchlight (the white reflection on the pupil of the eye), Russet Brown/ Light Brown for the outer areas of the eyes (b.).
-Also start shading marking starting on the Forehead and working down with Russet Brown and Black Watercolor Pencil. 6. Now define the areas of the mouth, use Watercolor pencils for this around the teeth with Black and Dark Brown, White pencils for the white areas and small thin hairs, Spray the tongue with Pink= , then darken it by adding drops of Gray and Violet to it, too add values making it achieve this target color as seen in the picture below. Then whiten the side with White Watercolor Pencil. Don’t forget to add some thin white hair lines below the mouth. Also note the sharp teeth are not completely white so shade some yellow and pink below each tooth.
7. Remove the mask on the whiskers, work the nose using the Watercolor Pencil, Black, Brown, and Russet Brown pencils, take note of the light and dark areas when defining the nose, shade areas on the ears. Also continue defining the markings on the snout and forehead making it sharper, compared to the areas on the side of the snout and below the face which are softer and looks diffuse. Add wrinkles on the bridge between the eyes with Orange and a hard line using Russet Brown.
8. Spray lightly the anterior part below with white color as seen the picture below, define the whiskers, and check the value of the color in your painting.
And you’re done, as of now you are getting better and better. Now take a rest before working for the next exercise.
Download the entire book with illustrations