How to Draw Mythical Creatures for The Beginner
Faraway, beyond the mountains and seven skies, there exists a land of wonders, where friendly dragons and unicorns frolic freely ‘neath the radiance of a thousand suns. When the pure hearted calls upon them, these creatures elude the veils of obstruction and offer their assistance to fulfill noble causes.
In a nutshell, this is the tale of the unicorns.
After our wonderful journey in the world of dragons, we now embark on a new exploration that attempts to uncover the truths and myths behind another mythical beast that has eluded humanity for ages: The Unicorns.
Unicorns, the second of the How to Draw Mythical Creatures for the Absolute Beginner series, is divided into two parts. Part One delves into historical accounts, which may lend to the credibility or fraudulence behind these beloved creatures. Part Two discusses drawing techniques designed to instruct and develop the creative skills of novices.
Some aspiring artists would like to learn the craft or hone their talent to prepare themselves for a career in the Arts. Others are just seeking a productive recreation, rather than a lucrative one. Regardless of your purpose, the drawing methods tackled in this course builds on the creative foundations most beneficial to the absolute beginner.
Without further ado, I welcome you to join me in a quest for unicorns.
Table of Contents
- PART I | TALES OF THE UNICORNS
- THE HUNT OF THE UNICORN
- UNICORNS IN CHRISTIANITY
- MEDIEVAL AGES: A TREASURE TROVE OF UNICORNS
- OTHER HIDDEN OR RELIGIOUS MEANINGS
- MODERN AND CHILDREN’S LITERATURE
- RECREATIONAL PROJECTS, POP CULTURE, AND FILM
- NON-FICTION AND MYSTICISM
- A UNICORN’S HORN
- PART II | HOW TO DRAW UNICORNS
- DRAWING TOOLS
- THE DRAWING PROCESS
- SETTING A CREATIVE INTENTION
- DRAWING IN LAYERS
- BASIC RENDERING EXERCISES
- PARTS OF THE UNICORN
- ANATOMICAL STRUCTURE AND PROPORTION
- PERSPECTIVES, FORESHORTENING, MANNEQUINIZATION, GESTURE AND CONTOUR DRAWING
- DRAWING IN LAYERS
- LINES, SHAPES, AND GESTURE DRAWING
- FORM CONSTRUCTION
- UNICORN RENDERING
- THE UNICORN’S HORN
- THE AUTHOR
This is for the Digital Book Download only. For the Printed Copy, click HERE